The Marion-Linn Chapter was organized April 28,
1928, in Marion, Iowa, at the home of Adeliza
Daniels, 1308 Eighth Avenue, Marion, Iowa. In
1930, the chapter decided to place a marker on
the elm tree in front of Miss Daniels' home, and
it read, "...Dedicated to the Memory of Preston
Daniels and the Old Dubuque Road."
The marker was placed June 13, 1934, with the
stipulation that if the tree should ever be
removed, the marker should be transferred to a
boulder at the same location. In 1973, due to
Elm disease, the tree was cut down and the
marker was placed on a boulder.
on this page were taken by chapter member